Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

turkey week!

It's Thanksgiving week, which means my elementary school is closed & I get to relax :] My dad will be visiting on Wednesday & I'm taking him to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Then my mom & grandma will be visiting Thursday through Saturday to help cook a delicious turkey dinner & to spend some quality girl-time with me :] Can't wait! What are your plans for the holidays?





Well, Thanksgiving week is a good time to start decorating for Christmas, because it will be here sooner than you think! So I thought I'd share with you a fun little tutorial :]

HOW TO: FELT LIGHTBULB GARLAND


You'll need: 4 sheets of felt (I used green, red, white, & gray), scissors, gray thread, sewing needles (one should have a wide enough eye to fit yarn through), & gray yarn

  1. Cut 33 small squares out of the gray felt. This will be the tops of the bulbs
  2. Cut out 33 lightbulb shapes (11 each of red, white, & green)
  3. Use an overcast stitch to sew the gray squares to the bulbs. This is the most tedious part of the process
  4. Thread the larger needle with the gray yarn
  5. Use a running stitch along the gray tops of the bulbs to string them together
  6. Use a repetitive pattern for the different colors of lightbulbs
  7. Hang up & admire!

This project only took me about an hour & a half, while working at a leisurely pace. Like I said, step #3 was the most time-consuming part, but it's well worth it. But I am in love with the end result! I just love Christmas decorating :] What are some of your favorite holiday decorations or crafts?

1 comment:

  1. Your garland is adorable!

    Chris and I are eating a Thanksgiving lunch (at like 2) with my parents at Texas de Brazil. We're coming home and then cooking turkey for dinner (and Zach is supposed to join us) and then we're staying up to go Black Friday shopping. It should be a lot of fun. Too bad you have family coming so you can't join us. Well, not bad that they're coming just bad that you can't join us.

    ReplyDelete