Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Chihuly's recycled chandelier


I love being an art teacher :] I know I probably don't discuss it enough, but sometimes I take a step back & realize how lucky I am to introduce cool artists and fun materials like clay & paint to children. And bonus, I get paid to do it! Anyway, I had to post a picture of one of my favorite projects from this school year. My third graders learned about Dale Chihuly, a glass sculptor artist, & then made their own Chihuly-esque chandelier using recycled plastic bottles & cardboard. I hung it in my room & it's gotten countless Ooohs & Ahhhs from the other grade levels. Proud teacher moment, right there :] Not only are they learning about cool artists who are still alive & working, but they're also learning that you can make art from just about anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment