Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

our big day!


Here are some of my favorite pictures of our wedding day, but you can see very many more on my flickr. It was such a perfect, laid back day, & everything we wanted it to be. It was just simple, fun, and happy :] Here are some fun facts:
  • Our photographers were the BEST. We couldn't have picked anyone cooler.
  • After our rehearsal dinner picnic, the bridesmaids & I made our own bouquets with some real & some silk flowers.
  • Ashley, my maid of honor, did a reading from The History of Love. My favorite book ever. 
  • My mom's best friend from high school, Norma, married us.
  • My dad made a box to include in our ceremony. Burton & I wrote love letters to each other to put in it, plus a bottle of beer & wine, to be opened on our 10th anniversary. We also threw in the reception speeches & Burton's boutonniere.
  • 4Rivers catered their fantastic BBQ. When I first had their pulled pork sandwich a few years ago I exclaimed, "They'll cater my wedding!" & they did :]
  • Our friends in Pickens Ivey provided the lovely twangy music at our reception :]
  • Our first dance was "This Guy's In Love With You" by Herb Alpert.
  • I danced to "Harvest Moon" by Neil Young with my dad.
  • Burton danced to "In My Life" by The Beatles with his mama.
  • Ashley & I made all of the desserts at the wedding, including the cake, mini pumpkin & pecan pies, and caramel dipped apples.
  • Burton made all of the beer :]
  • Isaac, the best man, made us cornhole boards for the reception.
  • There was also a photobooth.
  • Then we went on the most amazing honeymoon ever, in Costa Rica. Details on that are coming soon, I promise :]

No comments:

Post a Comment