Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

DIY chalkboard platter


I've got an easy, fun tutorial for ya that I found over at Wit & Whistle! All you need is a serving platter (any old one will do) & porcelain chalkboard paint. If you already have a platter, this project ought to only cost you around $10! If you don't, you could find nice ones for reasonable prices at CB2.


I wanted a nice edge for the chalkboard area, so I used painters tape (or you can just use a steady hand) & then painted a couple of coats onto the platter with a soft bristle brush. After letting it dry for 24 hours, follow the baking instructions on the back of the bottle. For me, I baked mine at 300 degrees for 35 minutes.

I loved this simple DIY! Not only will it get a lot of use in our happy home, but it will look extra sweet on the dessert table at our wedding. Here's some pinspiration I'm currently drooling over ;]



No comments:

Post a Comment