Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

DIY wedding invitations, part 1

 

Now that we have finished our save the date video, Burton & I are ready to start thinking about wedding invitations! There are so many pretty possibilities, that it is pretty overwhelming to figure out where to begin. I've always preferred casual & simple style, which matches the atmosphere of our wedding, so Burton & I looked around at many different invitation layouts for inspiration. We originally thought of invitations that looked like a chalkboard, but I knew I wouldn't be able to print light ink on dark paper on my home printer, so we had to go back to the drawing board.


These invitations we saw floating around Pinterest certainly caught our attention. Cute wording & Kraft paper? Yes, please. However, the tutorial for these invites involves screenprinting on chipboard & I just don't have the patience for that. So instead we bought sand-colored cardstock & recycled kraft envelopes from Paper & More, red heart stickers, & mini kraft envelopes for our RSVP cards. Then came up with a similar design in a different color scheme. We just gotta cut up the paper now!




For extra cute points, I used this little doohickey to give the envelope flaps a scalloped edge. All we need to do is seal said edge with our heart-shaped stickers (& a kiss!). Buuut we still have plenty of time before the invites need to be sent out. I'll be sure to make a follow-up post before I do, in all my amateur calligrapher glory ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment