Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

chunky zucchini margherita soup!


YUM. I know I don't get into cooking too much on this website, but since Burton & I are on a low-carb diet with our boot camp, we're getting a bit more creative in the kitchen! Today I made a very yummy, suuuper healthy, easy-to-make (the trifecta!) soup & thought I'd share.

The tasty things you'll need:
3 medium zucchinis, sliced into skinny halves         10 plum tomatoes, sliced
1 onion, diced                                                       32oz. light chicken broth
8 garlic cloves, sliced                                             Black pepper & basil seasoning
3 carrots, sliced                                                     Shredded mozzarella, garnish

We made a double batch, so this will give you about six hearty servings. Heat 2tbsp. of olive oil in a big pot over medium-high heat for about a minute. Toss in the zucchinis, onion, garlic, & carrots. Saute until the veggies brown a little, maybe 5-10 minutes. Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, pepper, & basil. Cover & bring the soup to a boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella when you're ready to enjoy!The cheese is especially good when it gets all melty with the veggies :]


 

I guess I better update on how boot camp is going. We gained a little bit of weight back after our cruise, but are back on track. We've each lost about 10lbs, but have noticed a huge improvement in our endurance when we exercise. I'm feeling stronger & have a shocking amount of stamina with running. I was never much of a runner, but now Burton & I are in talks about running a 5k in the future! We also set up a pull up bar & I catch Burton using it sporadically throughout the day. I can't do a chin up yet, but I'm sure I will soon :]

No comments:

Post a Comment