Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

stephen colbert painting

 
A couple years back, I painted a bluish-gray background on a canvas, thinking I'd make a funny high school-esque portrait, but I wasn't sure who to paint. I quickly settled on Stephen Colbert because he's hilarious, everyone loves him, & he has this regal look about him.

Well, two years later, the painting is finally finished! I hate that it sometimes takes me so long to finish a painting, but I had so much fun completing this one that I'm revved up & ready to paint some more! I'm even thinking of a series of pop culture portraits, who knows? I've got a bunch of lovely ideas floating through my head :]

PS; here's the painting when it was still half-complete, just for funsies.

No comments:

Post a Comment