Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

homemade vanilla extract



One of my favorite things about reading blogs & perusing Pinterest is learning how simple it is to make certain things on your own! I can't even imagine how much money Burton & I have saved by brewing our own beer & mead, recycling old furniture, or making our own decor. Well, my mind was blown when I read this recipe for vanilla extract over at A Beautiful Mess. All you need is one vanilla bean, split down the middle, for every 4oz of vodka!

Burton & I had almost a full bottle left over from a party & since we're not big into liquor, I bought a dozen vanilla beans on Amazon for $8 & voi-la! After it sits for a few months, we're going to have enough vanilla extract to last us for years :]

No comments:

Post a Comment